Pycon Australia 2017 Melbourne
Latest News and Information ...
Important info and dates
- The main conference is now sold out, and registration is closed!
- The schedule is available.
- Slack invitations/account reactivations are now complete.
- Please look at, and contribute to, local information on the wiki. Log in to edit.
- 3 August: The fun begins! The registration desk will be open from 8am Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday so you can collect your badge and other items.
August 3-8, 2017, Melbourne Convention Centre
PyCon Australia 2017 will be the eighth national conference for users and developers of the Python programming language. This year it will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from August 3-8.
The first day, Thursday, will consist of long-form tutorials, a much-requested item from 2016.
The second day, Friday, features our Specialist Track streams on Django, Science & Data, Python in Education and the Internet of Things.
The two main programme days, Saturday and Sunday, will feature fascinating keynote speakers and a packed multi-stream schedule of talks for audiences from beginner to expert.
Saturday will also feature a free DjangoGirls workshop for women which teaches introductory web programming skills.
On the final two days, Monday and Tuesday, Python developers will deep-dive into collaboration, as open source sprints give attendees the opportunity to put their new knowledge into practice. Note the sprints venue is the Pavilion at the Arts Centre.
Check out the videos from previous years to get a flavour for the conference. It is a must for any person with a passion for Python, from dabbler to professional. See you there!